A Big Bowl of New Experiences

March 1st, 2016 ecasti19

Hello and welcome back everyone!

This semester has been jam-packed with new experiences, and as time progresses, I begin to find out more and more about myself and how I would like to own my education.

My classes have been waaaay different from what I experienced last semester. I now have more free time, and the ability to de-stress and not worry about how many papers I have to write or how many books I need to read within the course of one week. But then again, Its much more difficult as well because it is not what I’m used to. In fact, it has made me realize that I somewhat miss the craziness of writing papers and reading in bulk. In this way, trying out different courses has helped me realize what I might or might not major in.

For example, Accounting: Its a very interesting and new concept to me but I’m still not sure if its something I would be good at or pursue. Chinese, on the other hand, I have been really enjoying and I feel like I really might minor in Chinese or Asian Studies. As for my 3D fundamentals art class, I have also really been enjoying as well. It is a type of art that I have not yet experienced, which leans me towards the possible Architectural studies major.

Montserrat has also been a success. I’ve been able to experience many intriguing conversations from different viewpoints. The most new experience for me in Montserrat though was my participation in my very fist ever debate, ever. When my professor mentioned the word debate, I was scared. It was something new, and unknown to me and I really didn’t know how to prepare or participate. But with the help of classmates and a practice debate, I tried to put my best towards our team and we ended up winning! Im glad to have experienced this, as I am being exposed more to new academic activities.

3D Fundmamentals

3D Fundmamentals

A "red envelope" my Chinese teacher gave me!

A “red envelope” my Chinese teacher gave me!

Our Montserrat debate team

Our Montserrat debate team

Debate Night

Debate Night

Our team after the win!

Our team after the win!

I can’t wait to see what’s in store the rest of this semester! Let the new experiences come!

Emily